Maine Shrimp Puffs
Diana Santospago has spent many a season lobstering amid Maine’s cold waters. These days she runs The Inn at Isle au Haut and was good enough to share thisrecipe with Yankee Magazine.
Write a review
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 pound (about 2 cups) raw M aine shrimp, peeled
- Vegetable oil
- Kosher or sea salt
- **Garlic-and-Herb Aioli
- a few grinds of black pepper.
- Into a measuring cup, add lemon juice and enough milk to equal 1/3 cup liquid total. Whisk beaten egg into milk/juice mixture. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mixjust until combined. Then fold in shrimp.
- lnto a deep, heavy frying pan over medium-high heat, add 2 inches oil. When the oil reaches 350°, slip scant tablespoons of the batter-and-shrimp mixture into it and cook until golden, 2 to 3 minutes.Remove to a plate lined with a paper towel, and season with salt while still hot.
- Serve with Garlic-and-Herb Aioli.
Eat Local Fish http://eatlocalfish.com/