Broiled Monkfish with Orange Sauce
Write a review
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. white flour
- 1/4 c. orange juice
- 3/4 c. skim milk
- Grated rind of 1 orange
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 to 2 lb. monkfish fillets or any white fish fillets
- 2 tsp. butter
- Per serving: 194 total calories, 13 saturated fat calories.Preheat broiler and grease broiler pan with oil.Melt butter in small saucepan. Remove from heat and mix in 2 tablespoons flour to make a smooth paste. Mix in orange juice and skim milk, stirring until smooth. Cook over medium heat until sauce thickens, stirring constantly. Stir in 2 tablespoons grated orange rind, green onion, and salt and set aside.
- Combine 1/4 cup flour, salt, and pepper and place on large plate. Dredge fillets in flour so both sides are coated. Lay fillets on broiler pan and dot them with 2 teaspoons butter. Sprinkle remaining orange rind of fillets (grate more if needed).
- Broil for 5 to 15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish or until fish flakes easily. Reheat orange sauce and spoon 1 tablespoon over each serving. Serves 6.
Eat Local Fish http://eatlocalfish.com/